Energy & The Environment
- Supports the implementation of President Obama's Clean Power Plan, a comprehensive energy policy that reduces our dependence on foreign oil and moves us to a clean energy economy.
- Supports tax incentives and loans for renewable energy technologies, which are being developed right here in the Fourth District.
- Has been a strong supporter of environmental and animal welfare causes throughout his time in Congress.
- Helped pass tough reforms that would ensure oil companies are responsible for their actions and are held to higher safety standards for offshore drilling.
- Played a key role in locating the EPA’s major research facility in RTP.