Health Care Reform
- Helped President Obama pass the landmark Affordable Care Act creating new health insurance consumer protections for every American.
- Voted to stop insurance companies from denying coverage based on preexisting conditions, eliminate lifetime caps of insurance benefits so patients don’t lose coverage when they need it most, and empower state regulators to stop unreasonable premium increases.
- Helped enact tax credits to help small businesses cover their employees.
- Voted to help 32 million Americans afford health care who do not get it today.
- Is working to advance stem cell research with appropriate ethical safeguards, which holds great promise for North Carolinians suffering from debilitating illnesses.