Economy & Jobs
- Helped enact legislation that has created or sustained thousands of jobs in the Fourth District.
- Voted for a tax cut for 95% of working families to increase family purchasing power, and supports extending middle class tax relief.
- Voted to end tax loopholes that encouraged corporations to ship jobs overseas.
- Supported tough new rules for Wall Street to protect consumers from abuses, and authored a new law to help consumers better manage their credit card debt by giving them more information on their statements about the cost of only making the minimum payment.
- Supported targeted investments in the infrastructure and research that fuels our region’s economy.
- Voted for tax incentives for businesses to hire new workers, and is pushing legislation to free up credit to help businesses grow.
- Wants to increase and permanently extend the Research & Development tax credit, which is critical to the Research Triangle economy and local universities.
- Supports a return to fiscal balance, because the Bush deficit dangerously weakened our ability to climb out of the recession.